Re: Fog-lights

From: Thinknet (thinknet@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 22:18:16 EST

>You just hit a pet peave of mine. Fog lights are just that: FOG
>LIGHTS! They aren't supposed to be used with high beams. In fog the
>high beams will just reflect back in your eyes and the idea of fog
>lights is to illuminate the ground & sides of the road (should be
>mounted down low).
>
>What you are asking about is auxillary DRIVING lights. They are fine
>to put on when in the woods or to illuminate the road a mile ahead
>when nobody's coming at you. Please don't run them all the time like
>these yoyo's that blind you just so they can make a fashion
>statement! As such, they should be on a separate switch.

I understand and agree with you, and at least on my 97 they have a easy to
reach button on the left side of the steering wheel that turns them off,
when you don't need them. but even on the roads near my house, critters
and ex-pets are running across the roads all night. i would really hate to
see what a deer can do to my truck, and would be majorly annoyed if i hit a
small critter and blew out a tire. so on my back roads i use them. now if
there is some sort of driving light that would fit where my fog lights are
now i would greatly appreciate hearing anything people have to say, i don't
want to put on a light bar and i personally think that those lights are too
bright to drive by anyways. besides properly aimed fog lights should never
be high enough to reach your eyes, especially if your in a truck.

Hope that clears things up,

Cuervo (just west of Atlanta, GA)