Re: Ford's interest in Cummins

From: Fleg (Fleg@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Feb 28 1998 - 01:25:18 EST

<< A diesel engine running racing gasoline? Damn, I'd like to watch that
 sucker make a qualifying run (if it lasts that long). >>

A couple years ago I remember reading something in either popular mechanics or
popular science that said in the early part of the 1900's someone actually did
race a diesel engine at the indy 500. I dont think he even came close to
winning but they never had to pit the entire race.