Check engine light.

From: JCALLENDS (JCALLENDS@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 12:16:35 EST

This isn't about a Dakota but I figured most of you guys are Chrystler
gurus. I have a 90 Plymouth Voyager minivan and the check engine light came
on and has been on since. I did the little diagnostic by turning the key on
and off several times and I get a no problems reading. Is there a way to
reset the check engine light to get it to turn off?

Rob

      Don' know if it's the same as my 87 DAK but on that it comes on after so
many miles. There is a counter attached to the speedo cable under the hood, if
you see a small unit with 2 wires coming from it attached to the cable then
it's probably the same. The 87 has a small circuit board and a 9 v. back-up
battery in a box behind the left side of the dash. I have to remove the dash
trim panel, unclip the box, and probe in an opening in the box for a switch
that turns off the light. I am in Florida right now and did not bring my
manual for my 87, I'm driving the 98, so I can't tell you how often it comes
on, but i've done this many times.

Jack Collins.....Older than old! Pine Island, Florida---Perrysburg,
Ohio---Coldwater, Michigan

87 DAK LE with 225,000+ miles.........98 DAK SLT CC with 4,000+ miles.