overcab campers

From: thumper@loon.norlink.net
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 12:27:59 EST

I have 97 club 4x4 and an old overhead pop-up camper. I built a wood frame
in the box to maintain a tight fit at the base of the camper. I have had no
difficulties with ride, in fact is nice to drive. I used to have the camper
on a ranger...now that made for tippy feeling. Any way pop-up style is less
weight
and plenty of room in a 7 foot camper. Mine is a camper from 1981, still in
great shape, unsure if they make them anymore. Up here in Ontario everyone
has a camper on their trucks...never heard you weren't supposed to put them
on club cabs. Hope that helps.
Beth
Beth