Re: Wind noise

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 17:43:29 EST

RLewis7785 wrote:

> In a message dated 98-03-03 14:21:12 EST, Azie writes:
>
> << If anyone
> finds a way to eliminate this, or at least minimumize it, then please
> post it.
>
> Azie
> Ardmore, Al. >>
>
> Well, what you do is get it up to about 70-75, or just fast enough to catch up
> to one of them big tractor trailer rigs. Then you just slide into that big
> pocket of 75 MPH air that he's dragging along (Ya gotta get within about 2
> feet) and Wa-la!!!, no wind noise at all. Problem Solved!
>
> Good Luck!
>
> P.S. Kids don't try this at home.

> Richard Lewis
> Houston (Tomball), Texas
> E-Mail : rlewis7785@AOL.COM
>
> 92 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, LE Trim
> 318 C.I.D V8
> 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio.
> "Weak" Automatic Tranny
> Two Tone Black & Silver
> Leer Crown Series Topper Painted to match.
> Mopar Bedliner
> EdelBrock 1002 Air Cleaner.
> Firestone Firehawk SS10 235/70R15

Most of those trucks on the North side of houston don't go that fast.
Usually they do about 60 in the fast lane, then they find another truck
going the same speed in the slowlane and stay side by side just until I
reach my exit, then they seperate! Sometimes I do get two feet from
them, I mean a Dakota should stop quicker than an 18wheeler right? I
hope I don't have to find out....

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com