Re: dakota-truck.net

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 07:00:08 EST

At 04:41 AM 3/4/98 -0500, Jon wrote:
> I hate that too. :-P Bloodthirsty vultures. Some people will
>stoop to any level to make a buck. The Internet was just great,
>then these jerks move in like they own the place; if it were up to
>them, they would! Most of these dimwits probably learned about the
>Internet from a 20/20 broadcast and went something like, "Duhhhh, let's
>rape and pillage this thing for all its worth, or at least until it
>collapses into total ruin!" These people are the absolute opposite of
>everything that the Internet has ever stood for. Grrr..... (Sorry,
>kind've of a sore spot for me, as if you couldn't tell.) :-)

AMEN, BROTHER!!!!!!!

I've been around long enough to remember the days when it was implicitly
understood that advertising and commercial traffic was not tolerated on the
Internet. Just goes to show you how well academics with principles and no
money can have any effect on what industry does.

Okay, I'm off the soapbox now. Next?

>>Anyway... I like ( in order )
>> dakota-truck.net
>> dak.net
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I like these two. I'm not sure which one I like better;
>I think I prefer dak.net, but I'm too tired to be sure. :-)

I agree with Jon. I don't really like www.dodgedakotatruck.com because it
just looks like a big blur, especially if we think someone's going to see it
in traffic and want to read it. I even think many of the personalized
licence plates are difficult enough to read because there are too many
letters and no whitespace.

We can read dodgedakotatruck because we have some idea what it says, but if
I flash www.moneygrubbingbastards.com at you, how long does it take you to
figure out what it says?

As for dak.net, it is shorter, but I wonder how many people aren't going to
associate it with Dakota at first? Maybe Dakota owners all would and the
only people in the dark would be non-Dakota owners. Hard to say.

All of this is my opinion, of course.

Jason