Re: STEERING COLUMN CLUNK

From: thumper@loon.norlink.net
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 21:20:32 EST

I have not had clunking...but a word of caution. While on a trip last
summer I was turning out into traffic when my steering pump completely
failed. I was on an island and had to drive it to a ferry and had a tow
truck waiting on mainland, as ferry not covered by roadside assistance
program. Just don't take chances. I had the pump replaced under warranty
as only 11,000kms on the truck.

1997 4x4 extra cab, v6, standard, moss green, towing package, skid plates &
more.
Beth Alkenbrack

At 06:19 PM 3/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I own a 97 sport 4x4. Overall I love this truck, but it has been in the
shop three times
>for a clunk or popping in the steering column. Two times the dealership
couldn't duplicate
>the problem. Finally the third time I had the service manager ride with me
and he felt
>it. They replaced parts within the column but wouldn't you know it after 3
weeks and a
>couple of hundred miles, its back. Any one else had this problem and if so
how did you
>fix it?
-----
> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
>* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
>Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)
-----

Beth