RE: 5.2 Pistons

From: Rick Lewis (rick@solcomsystems.com)
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 10:32:53 EST

Basically I'm doing a complete drivetrain rebuild on a 5.2 (from a dakota) and it is a daily driver. What I'm looking for are some good performance parts for the rebuild. Stock compression with a 30 or 40 over bore. Because I may have to have a set of pistons made anyway it would be relatively easy to get the crank reground and stoke the motor slightly using some longer rods. It would be fun to have the first and maybe only 340 Magnum (5.4l). The heads will be stock with the usual port/bowl cleaning and a 3 angle with little change to the combustion chamber. Other mods are MP cam/lifter set, MP springs, Extrude hone manifold, Grand Canyon Throttle Body, Complete Jacobs ignition setup, Underdrive pulleys, Headers.... so on. The trans is also getting a complete rebuild with a 2500 stall converter. Should be fun. I'm looking for good performance with civility.
Rick Lewis
U.S. Technical Support Manager
SolCom Systems Inc.
"Ultimate RMON Network Management"