Re: 92 V8 O2 sensor

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Thu Mar 05 1998 - 21:15:23 EST

On my Olds, I had to use a CrowsFoot wrench, it looks like the
cut off end of a standard open end wrench, but has a square hole
in the stub for a socket wrench to plug into. They are expensive, but
it's the tool for the job.
 ALSO, you HAVE to use Anti-Size compound on it, not just any stuff, but
the Hi-Temp anti-size. It is graphite powder with hollow glass beads
in it that keep it from sizeing up. Avaib at better parts stores. Just
don't touch the business end of the new sensor, or let any anti-size
goop get there, or else you will be buying a new sensor. I'd just
leave it alone till it dies. Maybe some good rusted bolt goop will
help getting the old one off, when the old one is off, fire the
engine up for a moment to blow the rust out of the threads, but not
run long enough to heat up the pipes.