Heart Transplant

From: Dennis D. Baker, Jr (dbaker@deltech.net)
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 01:10:06 EST

I have a delema.. I ordered my 97 Dak 4x4 Club Cab from Dodge and before I got the chance to pay the 500.00 bucks to upgrade to the 5.2L I was forced to take the V6 or wait another 6 months... I was desperate! So what can I say.. Anyway.. the problem is that so far bolt on power upgrades are near to scarse for the V6 and I hate the lack of power not to mention the crapy gas millage.. I'm getting about 12 in town and 15-16 on the hwy.. I have a friend who has the same year same everything that I do except that she has the 318... Shes averaging 2-3 miles more per gallon on both sides compaired to me.. Here is my question.. Has anyone come accross any info necessary to do an engine replacement???

Logic tells me that sense I have all the heavy duty service packages that all I should have to really wory about is an engine, computer, brackets, possibly a fuel line, and maybe a wireing harness. Sounds to me like a weekends worth of work.. If I am going to do this then I have even thought about getting a fully assembled, blueprinted & balanced performance 318 from one of the big national proformance custom shops... Has anyone out there done this or how about maybe some ideas as to where I can go to get this info?

As a last resort I do have the truck currently for sale.. Its a great deal.. If anyone is interested I'll post the specs... Its not the average setup.. I was up in MN when I got it and now I'm in LA... Funny how Moss Perl Green heats up in the South much faster than in the frozen tundra! hehehe

Just to give you a hint.. I'm asking right at 20K it has right at 17K miles and I have Rhino'd the bed, rockerpannels, and door jams in grey. Plus added a color key matched Raven Raised Snugtop. It is in excelent condition too.. I'm working on a new homepage with pictures.. I'll post the link at a later date...

Thanks...

BTW finding this mailing list and web site was a real pain.. Wish someone would list it in some search engines or add some meta tags... :)

Dennis D. Baker, Jr. Providing High Quality Internet Service to

V.P. Southwest Louisiana and working towards a

DelTech Industries, Ltd. better Internet Community.

dbaker@deltech.net

433-2225 Voice/Daytime Support

</paraindent>postmaster@deltech.net (318) 626-1813
Voice/Nightime Support