Re: Drilling holes in aftermarket mufflers. Was: Hole in

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 09:41:31 EST

I remember reading something in my flowmaster manual that says that
the muffler doesn;t need a hole in it because of the way it works. Most
after market performance mufflers run hot...real hot...some of them even
require a heat shield. If that is the case, then the water should be
evaporated of the muffler achieves prime operating temperature. I have
never had a problem with water in my flowmaster, and it doesn;t have a
hole either. Ususally I just do a burnout or stomp on her a few times and
it'll blow out any condensation and evaporated water that is hangin' out
in there. Give your muffler some time to break in and do it;s thing, and let
the truck get nice and warm, and go stomp some stangs'...then chalk it
up to "I was just blowin' the crap out of my muffler officer" ;)
-mike sykes
88 V6