Re: '98 club cab subwoofer enclosure -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 09:05:51 EST

Hey, Todd.

I just checked out your truck on the rpm page. Very nice! It sounds like
our trucks are takng very similar roads to being the way that we want
them. Just for your info, this is what I've got going:

Black '98 Club Cab Sport, 2WD, V8, 5-speed, 3.55, tire & handling, all
other options except buckets

removed all vinyl graphics, slightly modified FABM, Sony in-dash CD,
Street Scene hidden hitch behind optional OEM rear valance, Hoppy
LiteMate trailer harness, SnugLid tonneau

I've only had mine about a month, so it's coming together.

My next project is to add some subs. I'm going to leave the OEM Infinity
speaker system driven by the Sony, and I plan to use either one or two
8" JL Audio 8W1's driven by a small Alpine V12 series amp with a built in
x-over. I'm not looking to shatter windows, but music just doesn't sound
right without a little sub-bass. I want to keep this all under the rear seats
so I can still use them if need be.

I am interested to see what you are working on for your subs, so let me
know. Also, I saw that you have the Gibson 3" exhaust. I've been
checking into the stainless version. How do you like yours? I am going
to be doing some towing, so the single exit is really the only way to go.

By the way, I sent Sean Meldrum some pictures I took while I was
installing my FABM and they are now on his page if you want to check
them out.