Re: 340

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 07 1998 - 13:40:42 EST

 From: Tim Roller<starwolf@bewellnet.com

>The only 340 that came with solid lifters was the TA340( that was the
3-deuce setup)because the heads were configured different. They had a
staggered valve setup. Quite rare today. This is not to say you can't put in
solid lifters, because you can. All you have to do is also use adjustable
valve train components and do away with the rocker shaft style valve train
layout. But with todays high-performance lifters,titanium pushrods,stainless
valves,roller rockers,and high-flow heads, why would you want to an older
technology. That's like going back to the old 3x86 computer technology.