Performer IAS Shocks

From: Jerry Jackson (jacksonj@cyberramp.net)
Date: Sat Mar 07 1998 - 17:18:31 EST

When you are ready to ugrade your shocks consider the Performer IAS.
I just installed a set in our other vehicle, a 97 Safari Van. They work as

advertised. On this stock vehicle it was easy to tell that the tires were
being kept well planted to the pavement, and the van felt like it had a
lower
center of gravity. I think the effect on my 97 2WD Dakota CC would even
be more dramatic. If the Dakota's front suspension alignment problem
gets solved (have you been reading), it gets new IAS shocks. The
originals have been worn out since about 9000 miles.

The IAS shocks are worth the $80 per copy price, in my opinion (has
anyone found a dealer who is discounting this shock - I bought from
Summit and had to pay list). Don't know how they might compare to a
shock like the Tokico twin tube, but I think these two are probably the
only ones which provide reasonable ride comfort along with performance.
However, if you have low profile tires, I think you will feel extra
harshness
in the ride. The van definitely had more road feel even with the 75 series

stock Generals, which were fairly smooth riding before the swap.

Jerry Jackson
97 CC Sport V-8 Auto black on Agate, Flofit custom buckets with stock
fabric fiberglass tonneau, many other mods to follow when alignment
problem goes away - no more investments until then.