Re: Tailgate Protector for 98

From: Jack Snodgrass (jack@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Sun Mar 08 1998 - 10:36:20 EST

On Sun, 08 Mar 1998 10:10:59 -0400, Joe Dille wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for a black tailgate protector for my 98 Dak. One
>that just protects the inside edge would be OK. An extruded metal
>one will not do the trick since the newer tailgates bow out on the
>top edge. Any success storys would be apreciated.
>
>Drive Safe,

Is the 98 tailgate different than the 97 tailgate? I have the
mopar liner and tailgate cover. The tailgate cover is available
separately.

I don't really like that mopar tailgate cover because it stops
about 1 inch before the bottom of the tailgate, so there is
STILL exposed metal to scratch when loading the truck.

It does fit across the top however.

Thanks,
     Jack Snodgrass - http://www.dakota-truck.net/jack
work: jack.snodgrass@tandem.com 972.516.6270 TandemJack