Re: DML alarms?

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 09 1998 - 20:05:09 EST

I've got a Viper and love it. Get the LED, starter kill, and a siren is
all you really need. My door locks are hooked up to it, if you have power
locks allready, get that, it's a nice convience. Other than that, things
that are worthless are those two stage alarms. Anything (i.e. my bass and
my exhaust) can set off the first stage, bigger jolts go into the regular
stage. That first stage is nothing but a toy for everyone but you.
Motion detectors, or stuff that senses when someone reaches into your car,
or walks near it are another thing that become toys for everybody near
your car. The only reason to have your alarm sense when someone reaches
into your car is if you have a convertable and leave it open. The most I
want is a targa top, so unless you have a rat- top it's worthless.
Robert Trottmann
rotrottmann@davidson.edu
Davidson, NC and St.louis mo
http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/default.htm