Re: dakota-truck.net is up and running

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 06:27:29 EST

At 07:53 PM 3/9/98 -0600, Michael Clark wrote:
>Let me know if you have any ideas for a dakota-truck.net logo and
>I'll see if I can come up with something halfway decent.

I actually had a thought on that very topic during my commute the other day.
What if we were to copy the lettering style Dodge uses everywhere they've
printed "DODGE" on the truck? You know, with the gap in the left edge of
the 'D'. I was thinking of taking a picture of the tailgate of my '95
straight-on, scanning it in and cutting and pasting letters together to make
whatever letters would be needed. Then I looked in our '98 brochure and
there's a nice straight-on side shot that shows "DAKOTA" in the same
lettering style. So we can get A, D, E, G, K, O, and T. Shouldn't be to
difficult to come up with WWW.DAKOTA-TRUCK.NET. All we don't have is C, N,
R, U, and W.

Then, make letters 2 or 3" tall, and make a banner suitable for rear windows
(or even the top edge of the front, that just occured to me). Simple,
direct, to-the-point. Kinda similar to the off-road.com decals.

Anyway, just a thought.
-- Jason