Re: DIY alignments

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 20:11:12 EST

<< Those of you who do their own front end alignments, what equipment do you
 use to check caster, camber, and toe-in? Also, what is your procedure?

   I'm interested in trying this out, and know I don't have the scratch for
 one of those neato computer alignment machines. ;)

   Thanks,

   Ron

  You guys outta check out http://www.smartcamber.com They sell a tool
that will measure camber and caster in your driveway. And they have other
tools for doing toe. I used to work there so I guess this is sort of a plug.
But we sold a lot of these things to racers, and used them to set up all our
race cars suspensions. When I was there (I left about 1 1/2 years ago) the
camber/caster gauge was around $225. Well worth it if you plan on doing more
then one alignment.

Brad

P.S. I worked on that kick ass Porsche on the home page!