Re: Light Clunk

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 23:39:20 EST

<<
 I have about 250 miles on my 98 2WD CC 5.2l and I think I have a
 front end problem. I get a "light clunk" through the steering
 every now and then. I can't seem to repeat it, but it happens
 when I accelerate or make slow speed corners. I also seem to see a
 little feathering on the outside of the front tires. At 250 miles
 it is a bit hard to tell if the wear is funny or not.

Make sure the Alingment is good!

 I want to head this off at the pass before I eat tires. The one
 thing I will do myself it grease the whole front end to see if
 they left a dry joint. Any help from the list would be appreciated.

Well the only grease fittings are on the Outer Tie rod Ends.( at least on mine
anyway )

 Has anyone else had this "light clunk"?

 The 2WD front end problems I have read about have resulted in rapid
 tire wear. Have there been any other symptoms?

 Has anyone fixed it and what was the fix?

 Drive Safe,

Keredt

Moving soon!