OD

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 10:36:51 EST

Joe writes: >> IS there a service procedure or bulletin out on this
yet? <<

Not to my knowkedge. The manual tells how to remove the OD, and how to
disassemble - inspect - repair/replace - and reassemble, if that is
what you're asking.
 Keep in mind, I don't go back to the dealer for any service work. I'd
rather do it myself. The '89 didn't destruct until 130,000 miles, but
it has never been mistreated, and I expected a much greater longevity
from it. I expected at least 300,000mi
This is my 1st Auto OD, but I've owned a bunch of brand F's and have
never had to rebuild but 1 C6, and I caused that. I've also got a '79
Aspen with 250,000 on a 904LA, and it is still running fine. I had a
'74 dart that also got over 250,000 with no rebuild. The '79 has been
mistreated, too. ABUSED is probably a better term here. I'm keeping
this one for my grandson.

Azie