Error Codes For 98's

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 18:39:07 EST

The factory service manual states that error codes are retrieved from the data link connector. There's no mention of the
ignition key method for getting error codes.

Being the skeptical type, I tried the on-off-on, etc. method. Nothing. Perhaps they're right...

Also, the codes given in the manual are in hex. The calculator in WIN95 has a built in hex to dec converter for those of
us who don't like letters in our numbers...

Is anyone aware of an undocumented method for getting error codes without having to buy the data link scan tool?

gk
Gary E. Klim - Somewhere in central Connecticut garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ gklim@harman.com