Re: Stink, Stagnant Smell in A/C ??!!

From: WM96 (WM96@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 19:44:59 EST

I have the exact same problem in my '97 and it really pisses me off. It's
smells pretty bad for a few seconds and then stops. I haven't found any
solution to it other than keeping an air freshener in that little fold down
armrest. I just open the armrest when it smells bad.

Will
'97 CC Sport 318 auto 3.55, tire and handling, edelbrock 1208, duals with
turbo, Astro fiberglass cover, Pioneer premier head unit and 6 disc changer

<<Does anyone have this problem?

I have a 98 Dakota CC and for about a month now, I notice
an aweful smell that comes out of the A/C when I turn it
on. It smells like a wet rag or a better description would
be someone's bad B.O. It goes away after about 20 seconds.
Someone told me that it could be my evaporator or just
some mildew build up that a special spray in disinfectant
deordorizer can clean up.
My local dealer I took it to said it's no the evoporator.
He said they sprayed something in the A/C system. He also
said that I shouldn't use air fresheners because that'll
bring the problematic smell back.
Does anyone agree w/ him? I kinda think that's a bit too
weird.
Daven
dav@gte.net>>