Dakota Transmission

From: tsmc@sprynet.com
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 22:35:58 EST

I have a 1997 Dakota CC 4x4 w/ a 318. The transmission seems to be slamming into second
gear. Only mods I have made are cat back side exit dual exhaust, and an edelbrock air
cleaner. After the last service, the trans was fine for about 3 thousand miles, and now
it's gone back to slamming into 2nd again. Any suggestions?

Also,, should I put the factory air cleaner back in place before taking it back in for a
service? Will the guys at the dealer give me grief because of it still being under
warranty?

If anyone has any suggestions or has installed headers, chips, or any other high
performance mods I'd like to hear about them, or know where to go look.

Thanks for your help.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)