Re: The official Dakota "Problem" report form

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 23:46:04 EST

<<

> NAME Derek R. Tracey E-MAIL
>
> Keredt@aol.com
> ________________________________ ___________________________
>
> CITY Belleville STATE Illinois
> _____________________________ ___________________________
>
> YEAR 97 MODEL Dak SLT+ 4x2 VIN
> ________________________________ ___________________________
>
> PROBLEMS #1, High pitched wind noise, rt side front near mirror
> 1st attempt to fix by dealer failed returning tomorrow
> #2, Power steering failure, Temp got to 21 degrees after work tonight,
I got in truck turned corner and stepped on gas, lost power steering assist.
Belt still on and Fluid level at full level! returning to dealer tomorrow

I think I blew a seal in the pumb or rack due to the cold thick fluid and the
rate at which the pumbp tried to send it through the system, and a seal
couldn't handle the pressure.

Keredt