RE: Loud Heater (fwd)

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Sat Mar 14 1998 - 09:45:07 EST

This bounced for me, and I did not see it in the digest for a few
days, so here is is again.

FORWARDED MAIL -------
From: joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us (Joe Dille)
Date: 12 Mar 98
Originally To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

Howdy,

I was looking through the NHTSA site at:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems

when I found this:

Service Bulletin Number: 24-04-97
Bulletin Sequence Number:
Date of Bulletin: 9704
NHTSA Item Number: SB051925
Make: DODGE TRUCK
Model: DAKOTA
Year: 1997
Component: HEATER:DEFROSTER:DEFOGGER AND VENTILATION

I think I will follow up with the dealer on this. I will also sit
in a few new Dakotas on the lot and listen to their heaters.

BTW, I could not find TSB 19-12-97 on the web, either at
www.alldata.com or the NHTSA site. This is the one that deals with
intermediate shafts on 97 and up Dakotas. Is there a way to
search for the actual TSBs on the web?

Drive Safe,

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA