Re: Nitrous bottle questions.

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Mar 15 1998 - 08:41:13 EST

<< From what I read, I believe the bottle has to be at a certain angle >>

Sounds like you are looking at quick opening to squash that Ferd Moostang next
to ya at the light. Thats why I leave mine in the bed, keeps me outa trouble.
The bottle needs to face forward at a angle upward. There is a tube in it
picking Nitrous from the bottom. Handle needs to face up which place the tube
down.

<< I guess a lot depends on what size bottle you use. >>

Any of the kits I have seen have the 10# bottle, standard size unless ordered
with something different. There come a point where you start to loose
performance, just guessing but you may get twice as many runs on a 20# but
seems though you would lose twice as many also. I believe it has to do with
content and pressure. I have the bottle heater and gauge and can bring the
pressure back up to 900 but still lose performance after about 6 good runs.

Bill