Re: Paint color code - 95 emerald green

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 14:22:01 EST

>>> Michael D Gemelke <Michael.D.Gemelke=40wdc.com> 03/18 11:48 AM >>>
>Can someone tell me (or tell me how to find) the paint color code, or
>touch-up paint brand/colors to match my =2795 emerald green Dakota? =
I=27ve
>looked through my Hanes manual, and searched the web, but haven=27t had =
any
>luck. Is it marked on the vehicle itself somewhere?

I don=27t know what it is, but it should be on the truck somewhere. I =
know on my 97 it=27s in the glove box, other places to look would be on =
the driver=27s door jam and under the hood.=20

> got some ABS and acrylic accessories (taillight covers and cab window
>louvers) that I would like to paint to match. Will regular automotive
>touch-up paint work on the plastics?

It should work fine. You might want to consider having them professionally=
 done, however. I did a set of tail light covers myself on my ranger a =
few years ago, but I had the tail light covers on my dakota done by a body =
shop and the difference is amazing. The ranger covers looked good, but =
these look great. I think the body shop charged me about =2460 for =
materials and labor to paint and clear coat the tail light covers. I =
really think it was worth it.=20

One more point I want to make is that if you do decide to paint the tail =
light covers yourself, do yourself a favor and put on a coat or two of =
grey primer first. The plastics really don=27t need the primer (be sure =
to sand them lightly and rub them down with alcohol first) but I discovered=
 that the touch up paint is somewhat translucent and when I did my jade =
green ranger tail light covers without the primer it took 7 or 8 coats =
before the paint stopped looking darker than what was already on the =
truck. The first few coats barely even showed up against the black =
covers.

HTH
  Brett