Re: Re: [Fwd: 2wd dakota]

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 23:23:07 EST

<<
  If you are serious about those big meats, I would definately get the
 4-wheel model. The 2-by has a very sensitive front end. It has independant
 asle, but with a rack and pinion steering. The 4-by is already raised up at
 least 3 inches higher to get a better ground clearence. If you insist on the
 2-by you can raise it up at least 2 inches by tightening up the torsion
 bars. It will affect the wear of the front end components considerably, and
 you might also have to cut out the fenders to clear such a tall tire also.
 Remember that this is the front end and the rear also needs to be raised to
 balance out the vehicle and will need to flip the axle to the bottom of the
 springs-- the 2-by has the axle over the springs or get longer hangers to
 raise heigth. Also don't forget to get helper springs to stiffen and beef up
 the rear end and replace the shocks(I would get shocks with overload
 springs) >>
But remember, The 2wd has springs, not torsion bars so raising it is a little
harder

Keredt