Re: K&N

From: David Brown (dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 13:17:35 EST

That post about K&N filters got me thinking (imagine that!). Their advertising
claims are that they filter out dirt better than regular paper and flow more,
but has anyone done oil analysis on a before K&N and after K&N oil sample?

I'm using a Amsoil dual foam air filter on a couple of cars. Their claim is like
K&N's,except they claim their's flows better than K&N. I really can't tell the
difference in terms of performance or MPG, but some 1/4 mile times should,
although I'm sure the stock cat is restricting things.

I'm starting to look into high flow paper filters. Any recommendations?

--
David Brown          Mailto:dbrown@mh1.mcis.uchicago.edu