More Tire and Rim questions for the 97+ Daks -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 09:43:42 EST

The new Dakota R/T ( according to one magazine picture I saw ) is going
to come with 17 inch rims. How wide are these going to be?

>>>they are 17x9's and they have 255/55ZR17's on them

Can you put 17 inch rims on a non-R/T? Who makes ANY rims of ANY
style for the 97+ 6 bolt pattern besides Dodge?

>>>lots of people sell 17's that'll fit the all powerful Dak, and you can
probably order them from the factory parts bin for enough $$$. I would
suggest looking in a Truckin' Magazine or Sport Truck at some of the ads
and feature trucks to get an idea of what's popular, and see what it's
going for...I garantee that 17's are gonna' cost much $$$$$..
-mike

Can you get the 15x8 'Dodge' rims from someone else? I.E. who makes
them,
and can you get them directly from the manufactor?

Thanks - jack@dakota-truck.net