Re: 2WD lifts?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 10:21:18 EST

> I know what you mean about the stock
> stance. STOCK IS COCK!......Right? What were they thinking! Big
> fenderwell clearence should either be filled with fat knobby tires or
> with a full suspension drop and big wheels shod with speed rubber.

  Ya know, far be it for me to knock anybody's modifications. If you
like a particular profile, by all means go for it. But what's good for
the goose etc., and you should realize that there are people who DON'T
share your, um, evolved tastes in truck profile.

  Some of us actually use our Dakotas as trucks. Fancy that! We like
being able to stick a ton of cargo in the bed and being able to drive
around with some actual suspension travel to play with. And some of
us actually prefer highway rib tires to the enormous aggressive M&S
tread off road jalomes That's because we like to be able to actually drive
well on pavement, and not listen to tread noise or pay the mileage and traction
hit these tires bring to the street.

  So if you want to play urban warrior or boy racer, that's great (I do
like a lot of the more well-done sport trucks). But let's not be too
hard on the stock Dakota profile. There are reasons for it looking the
way it does.

  Ron "'95 2x4 2000# Payload Tall And Skinny LT215-75R15; No Lift Or
       Lowering Blocks Wanted" Rader