Re: Ram-air vs. cowl induction again. :-)

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 01:42:23 EST

> Incidentally, I didn't really want to go with ram-air with a sealed
> airbox because that is why I got my open element air cleaner in the
> first place; so the engine could breathe! I don't want to close it up
> again. Also, I spent about $70 on the thing, and I'd hate to waste it.
> I was hoping to use the ram-air or cowl induction hood to simply
> flow cold air in the general vicinity of the air intake and also
> into the engine bay in general.

If I'm not mistaken, the airbox works with the 14" open element air cleaner.
Other people will have to buy the hood and airbox AND aircleaner. Your $70 won't
go to waste, unless of course I'm wrong.

Mailto:rotrottmann@davidson.edu
http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/default.htm
Davidson, NC- Now
St. Louis, MO- May 19th