Re: R/T - Quit jerkin' my chain!

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 07:18:27 EST

> From: Mike Crumley <mcrumley@airmail.net>

> At 03:58 PM 3/21/98 , you wrote:
>
> >Same "Light my Tires" ad is in Car and Driver...sad...Adios...
> >
> >>I got home tonight to find a ad running full size across 2 pages in
> >>Autoweek for the R/T. Go figure? (why advertise what is pre-sold?)
>
> One thing you have to keep in mind is that in order to get an ad in a
> current issue of a mag, they had to have the actual ad in the hands of the
> mag editor months ago. It's not like they composed the ad last week.

Yes it looks like the ad people were planning ahead! :-)

It would be nice if their production people would of taken the hint
from a year ago when they ran out of V8's and known that 5.9 liter
motors would be in demand. Somehow I think GM would ramp up
production to "make the problem go away". CC appears to make a
forecast(bad) and stick with the results. I don't paticularly like
GM's current offerings (can't compare against Dak and that's why I
got one) but I don't think GM will be sleeping long. When the iron is
hot you gotta strike and this is lost sales for CC (you can't keep
telling people to "wait" if they got money to spend NOW).

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 4WABS 5sp