Re: re: backspacing

From: WillTier (WillTier@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 09:02:44 EST

<< Backspacing is the distance from the back of the rim (the inside surface
 of the back of the rim, where the tire bead rests) to the surface that
 rests against the hub >>

I thought it was from the actual back of wheel to the surface that rests
against the hub ? Your way makes sense to a point but the way I thought would
give you the actual point that would be in the farthest and a good way to
check clearances. I think this was just a assumption. The more I think about
it, you are probably right.

Bill