Re: No nitrous after 1993!!!! :-(

From: WillTier (WillTier@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 21:59:32 EST

<< (Bill, do you know how your NOS system works?
 Does it hook into the computer at all?) >>

Jon

Who did you talk to, Mike Flynn ? He is very knowledgeable and very frustrated
at CC, no help at all. You need to raise the fuel pressure to the injectors,
which is what mine does. The have a regulator and a jet attached to the high
pressure nitrous line which is tee'd into the fuel regulator vacuum line. When
the nitrous is triggered it pressurizes the fuel regulator and with the
addition of a high pressure fuel pump in-line with the original they build the
injector pressure up to around 90# at WOT, normally around 40-45 at WOT. This
forces more fuel through the same injector allowing the presence of the
nitrous. My thought was to run a second line from the tank and install a Tee
or "Y" with a check valve on both fuel lines. thus when running NOS it would
also trip a relay for High pressure pump which would build pressure due to
check valve and get the job done ??? We have been researching the Neon for NOS
and it has the same problems. Also somebody on the list put one on a 95, a
home brew deal and had run 30 - 10# bottles without problems and good
performance. I asked for more info and got some but neede more.

All your questions and thought have got the wheels turning again, hmmmmm.

Hey got the info from NYIRP, did you, First test and tune is on Sat April 11
then april 29 for the start of the Wed, night races, S E E E E E Y O U T H E
R E fer shurrr.

Later
Bill