Re: rusty bumper

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 09:15:02 EST

problems with both front and rear bumpers. Makes me glad I opted for the
rear valance instead of a bumper, one less thing to rust.
    As far as the gap on the wheel flare. Take it back and have them
remount it. There is no reason to have to bitch about it. Just point out
that it is falling off of the truck and that you want them to pull it
and remount it. I had a 1/4" gap on mine when I signed the papers and
had the dealership remount it. Those flares fit really nice, there is no
reason at all you should have to "live with it".
    BTW, I'm averaging about 14 mpg with a mix of city and highway. The
best to date is 16.5 on a trip with a tarp thrown over the bed. The Snug
Lid is on order! I currently have 5756 miles. No mods.
John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,
Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, DDBC

> I own a 97 Dakota Sport+ bought new in December of 96.
> The paint on the front bumper is peeling away and there
> are also bubbles of rust coming through in areas where
> the paint has not peeled. I am very disappointed, having
> traded a high quality Ford product for this thing. I was
> wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?

 But if I get sick of complaining about that, I can bitch about the
smell of coolant when the thermostat opens. Maybe when that gets old
I'll cry about the wheel flare gap of 1/2" on my rt. front fender.