RE: dakota vs. ram

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 23:41:56 EST

I chose the Ram for size as well, but there were also a couple of other
factors as well. First I wanted a 4X4 since the last time I was at the
beach (South Padre) I buried my Toyota to the frame rails and a 4X4 came
along to pull me out very easily. I could not afford a Ram 4X4 with all
of the goodies I wanted. I also wanted a fairly smooth ride as this
truck is an every day to and from work vehicle. Everyone I have talked
to says the 4X4 Ram with its solid front axel rides pretty rough. I only
go off road about once every 4-6 months. The size issue come into effect
with my garage. I have a two car garage, but have separate doors for
each side. The Ram is 1" too wide with the mirrors out to fit inside,
and whatever new truck I was getting was going in the garage every
night.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,
Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, DDBC, Snug Lid on order

}I just gotta ask, what made all of you choose the Dakota over the Ram,
} price???