Re: Blinker Died!

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 00:49:17 EST

when 1 side only fails to flash it USUALLY means burnt out bulb ( front or rear)
the flasher is a thermal device that gets hot from the current that flows through the

bulbs and a bimetal strip bends breaking the curcuit turning off the lamps. soon as
this happens the strip cools and remakes the connection turning the lamp back on.
this cycle repeats until the turn signal switch is turned off. The reason a burned
out bulb can cause no flashing is the current draw is reduced because less bulbs are
burning and the bimetal strip does not get hot enough to bend. (anybody think I'm
wrong?)