Re: Steering wheel centering-its easy

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 07:55:49 EST

In my original post I noted that I tried this.....

The problem is that on my 92, there is now not only the standard splines,
but there is now a larger "key" spline that corresponds to a "keyway" on the
shaft.....

I was considering grinding out the key so that I could re-orient the wheel.....

Whatda ya think??

At 04:47 PM 3/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>If the truck is aligned properly and the wheel is still off-center (it
     can be an indication of misalignment bent or worn tie-rods) then
     remove the center spline nut and the horn wire connectors, mark the
     location of the wheel w/reference to the splined shaft, and use an
     inexpensive three point gear puller to remove the wheel. DO NOT fool
     with the turn signal return assembly located directly under the wheel.
     Position the wheel where you want it and reverse the disassembly
     order.

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!