Re: Re: Radar Detectors. Was: Spank!

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 09:37:25 EST

Hey I'm in NY too so I'm in the clear and most of the places I drive are
backroads so is only the occasinal state trooper sriving along so my
whistler 1490 does the job just fine. Have you ever seen VASCAR in NY?
Where if so.

Chris Lang

Not VASCAR, but I got stopped with laser radar in Rochester area (State Police).
I don't bother with my old passport anymore finding my eyes seem to work best
on my daily commute (why those tail lights going on way up ahead?). They are
also usually in the same spots (rotate them), but not always. My Passport had a
habit of making a bad power connection (momentary power cycle) which only raised
my tension level. I would say that using traffic as a screen (don't be #1) is good
'cept the cop picked me out in a traffic cluster (I was 3rd in the fast lane and
coming up on #2) with the laser.

Bottom line: Don't get cocky and drive smart.

-Bob T. '98 CC 4X4 V8 Sport+