I need help!!

From: DICEMAN469 (DICEMAN469@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 17:17:03 EST

when I got back into my truck it didn't want to run. It was stumbling
ferociously as if it were running out of gas or some of the spark plugs were
failing to fire. Hitting the gas had no effect. When I floored it, the idle
didn't change whatsoever. I pulled the key, and tried to start it again, and
all I got was three revolutions out of the motor and it went kaput. It was
turning over well, so the battery was fine. I checked all ignition connections
as well as any other connector my little fingers could reach, but everything
was in order. I wanted to attempt to reset the computer by disconnecting the
battery, but I had no tools at the time. So, I got to walk 2 miles to the
nearest pep boys to pick up a new ignition coil (the only thing I thought it
could be) on the hottest day in '98 for us fellas in New York, needless to say
I was sweating.
      I get back to the truck 2 hours later and decided to try the truck one
more time before replacing it, and it started right up!! No stutter, no rough
idle, right up as if it never happened. Now what in the world would make it do
that?!? I didn't replace the coil but decided to hold onto it for awhile. I
haven't disconnected the battery yet, so if anyone could tell me how to pull a
computer code, I'd appreciate it, as it says nothing in my hayes manual about
it. The coil is an aftermarket Accel supercoil, but I've been running it for
over a year and I don't think a compatibility problem is the issue. Like I
said before all the connections were solid, so if anyone may have some insight
I'd like to resolve the problem before I get stuck somewhere a little too far
away from a pep boys!! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

-Austin
DICEMAN469@AOL.COM
'95 Dak V6/5SPD