Re: keyless entry

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Sat Mar 28 1998 - 10:56:18 EST

A word of Caution! I've watched this done and helped a couple of times. It
is sometimes very
involved and often requires a door lock module made by the alarm
manifacture. Some veichles
have only 3 wires and are simple to connect. Others use 5 or 6 wires and do
a polarity reversal thing
which can be tough to figure out. I recommend you find a alarm installer to
do this or contact the
manifacture of your unit to get a wiring manual and see if they require a
module( probably). Experiminting
could burn up wiring in your truck. I've seen that happen also. Not fun to
re wire.