Re: Tire pressure

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 28 1998 - 13:55:29 EST

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998 19:47:12 EST, you wrote:

><<=20
> A larger driveshaft is mentioned in the brochure for the 97's, but it
> doesn't mention which package you need to order to get it. I'll bet
> it's part of the towing package, which also includes larger rear
> brakes. Mine looks like a tree trunk too....
> >>

>Do you have the 10" brake system?

Yes. This was source of a two day argument when I when to order mine.
Page 25 of the sales brochure states "You can also add oversized
driveshafts,U-joints and radiator cooling to list." Nobody could ever
pin it down for me what packages/options you had to buy to get that.
The dealer didn't know and he couldn't call anyone that knew either.=20

The brochure also had a Model/Payload selector in it. It states that
the CC 4X4 has either a 1450 or 1800 pound payload. I seem to remember
that the payload option was only available on the SLT, anyone confirm
that?=20

Since I would occasionally tow a two-horse trailer with my truck, I
wanted to make sure I got all I could. I didn't want to go into the
SLT with all the chrome, and the only difference I could figure out
between my truck and a SLT was the sound damping, and chrome.

Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....