Re: 97 and up spare wheel locks

From: Lauren Cousins (cousins@sprintmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 10:56:58 EST

There is a spare wheel lock, of sorts. The crank extension that fits in the rubber
sleeve under the bed is replaced with a rotating tube attached to a keyed
connector(called the "lock"). A keyed extension bar is kept with your jack kit that
mates with the connector through the tube. I purchased the set at a local dealership,
off the shelf in the parts department (Glen Thomas Dodge in Long Beach, CA). It won't
stop anyone with some common sense and knowlege of the type of lock it is, but it would
serve to deter the casual thief.

'98 ext. cab V6 SLT with a cab-hi Stockland shell, duraliner, and spare lock.