Re: Tune-up question

From: Howard Olson (olson.howard@mcleodusa.net)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 21:07:46 EST

I have had good luck with Autolites in the past on Ford, GM, products and
Chryslers. I have not tried their platinums.

The only time I have not had good luck with with a spark plug was with
Chumpions on my Mustang. For some strange reason, they had a tendency to
loosen up and I had to go in and re-tighten periodically. When I switched
to Autolites I never had the problem on that vehicle again.

(before you guys give me hell about my Mustang, just think back to what
Chrysler had to offer back in 1983! A turbo-charged Omni or a twin stick
Colt was not my idea of a cool way to cruise and pick up chicks!)

Since about 1991, I have been using Bosch Platinums on my Dakotas as well
as my other vehicles. It all started when my wife had this %$@#$ annoying
habit of pressing down on the gas pedal on her Pontiac when trying to start
it in very cold weather (0 and below). She would always flood out the
standard plugs but the platinums never let me down.

Could be the plugs or could be a coincidence as about the same time I
switched plugs, I made her swear to keep both feet out of the car while she
started it!

My honest opinion: in this day and age, spark plug manufacturers have
progressed to the point where their quality is fairly consistent across the
board and you probably are not going to notice any difference performance
wise from one manufacturer to another.

My $0.02 worth