Re: Lowering....spindles vs. control arms

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 19:54:35 EST

<< Anyone know what the difference between lowering with a spindle and
 a control arm? I read something somewhere (anonymous mag) about
 handling and/or ride differences, but I'm not all that sure. I wanna' know
 before I buy anything, ya' know? Thanks in advance...
 -mike sykes >>

With the spindles, all steering geometry remains the same, but with control
arms, the stock spindle gets moved up in the fenderwell, creating a greater
angle between steering box and outer tie rod end. The lowered spindles keep
the stock relationship of the tie rod end and steering rack.

Brad