Re: DML Windshield Leak

From: Jerry Jackson (jacksonj@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 18:52:18 EST

Not on this particular vehicle, but it sounds like a common problem these days
in assembly. Most, if not all new vehicles assembled today have the glass
basically glued in place. If there is a gap or bubble or such, then water will
get in. In your case I am guessing that there is a small hole in the caulking
just about where you are seeing the wet headliner.

This can be rather easy to fix, as the dealer will find a way to force the
caulking in for the seal. Worse case they may have to have a glass shop come
out and remove the windshield and reinstall. Make sure your headliner isn't
stained when it dries.

I've owned two new vehicles in recent years with this same problem and
solution.