RE: Tire Rotation

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Sat Apr 04 1998 - 04:53:12 EST

I had my dealer give me the owners manual before I picked up the
truck. This allowed me to read it first. If you look in the tire
section it shows the 5 tires rotated left to right, front to back,
including the spare. This is unusual IMHO since I was always
taught that radials should always rotate the same way. Go figure.

OTOH, Mid-80s BMW cars asked that you do not rotate the tires.
The manual reasond that each tires wears into its location and
produces maximum grip. If you change the tire location it would
have to develop a new wear pattern. You would suffer less than
100% grip during this period, which would be undesiriable.

Different manufacturers, different opinions.

Drive Safe,

Joe

>Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 20:46:14 EST
>From: DakotaTMan <DakotaTMan@AOL.COM>
>Subject: DML: Tire rotation
>
>I went to my local Firestone today to get my tires rotated, I asked the guy If
>he wanted me to get out the key for the spare and he told me I should leave
>the spare right where It Is. Is this normal? Is this something that is up to
>the individual? Seems to me tire life would be longer If all tires were being
>rotated. Thanks
>
>98 Dakota Club Cab, Flame Red Clear Coat, Magnum 5.2L V8,Auto 4-Speed, Heavy
>Duty Service Group, Trailer Tow Group, Fog Lamps, Preferred Package #26G,
>Extang Soft Cover, Mopar Bed Liner, Bug Deflector, Infinity Sound System,
>Silencer Alarm System, Mopar Step Shields, Side Visors, Lockable Spare Winch,
>Ram's Head Tail light Covers, Power Everything
>GET REAL......GET /V\OPAR

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA
(joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)