Re: Tire rotation

From: John Casall (jcasall@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 04 1998 - 17:41:16 EST

I have always replaced tires in sets. if the right rear needs
replacing I also replace the left rear...supposedlly if you don't the
difference in tire size will create excess wear in the differential.
I also do this in the front, maybe it helps prevent alignment
problems. this is what tire people recommend for radials, I don't
think this was true with bias ply tires whether this is relaly
necessary I dont really know, but have always done it. if you have a
blow out it seems you waste a relativley good tire on the other
side..but I have been fortunate enough to only blow out worn tires, so
it was almost time to replace anyway. Also, I think radials are never
supposed to be reversed in direction of rotation for balance reasons.
this could all be untrue, but it seems every tire shop will indicate
similar things

<I went to my local Firestone today to get my tires rotated, I asked
the guy If he wanted me to get out the key for the spare and he told
me I should
leave the spare right where It Is. Is this normal? Is this something
that is up to the individual? Seems to me tire life would be longer If
all tires were being rotated. >