Re: R/T info for Arkansas

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Sun Apr 05 1998 - 15:51:45 EDT

> From: jim miller <jmiller@eramp.net>

> I hate it when a dealer does this! Like holding the R/T models for
> ransom. Either they get the trucks in and sell them or let other dealers
> have them who may already have them sold. I am NOT ever going to give any
> dealer a deposit on something they don't have on their lot. Remarks like
> this make me think the dealer doesn't want one on his lot because he
> doesn't think he can sell it.

No, it's slimier than that. He hasn't got one, but he'll gladly
insert himself into the middle of things and he and the other dealer
will just jack up the price and split things between themselves
'cause he senses he's got a "live one" on the hook.

We don't need no car(truck) pimps!

I can see another reason that me and an R/T were not meant to be:
I've never payed these scalper prices and never will. A regular
Sport + at $100 over invoice suits me better. I loved it when all
these greedy car speculators lost their shirts in the eighties buying
up Ferraris and then having the bottom drop out of the market.
(you'd see fake ads in Hemmings Motor News with "SOLD"
banners across some of their ads to help feed the frenzy and drive up
prices on the cars they actually had).

Don't feed the frenzy. Buy smart.

Hopefully people on this list can refer people to dealers with REAL
trucks, not paper middle-men.

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp 4WABS